"The grass withers and the flowers fall, but the word of our Lord stands forever. Isaiah 40:8

22 July 2006

What I'm thinking about Today

I am one of those people that needs to tackle a thought right when I have it or else I either forget or lose momentum. After I wrote the True or False Test post I had a comment by Alma opposing my stance on the Bible alone. That's a great topic and I would like to post more on it, but it feels like such a huge topic that I just can't seem to get myself to start writing. But I will, I promise.

Not that I think anyone out in cyberspace is losing sleep over the fact that I still haven't written that post I promised previously, but I say these things as more of a promise to myself and a "to do" list (so I don't forget - see my first sentence). At least I got the last post done which I had on my list for a few days.

And obviously I hit the ball out of the park on my last post as everyone who read it was so overwhelmed by it, they couldn't even make a comment. That's right. No matter how much I don't want to admit it, I like to get comments. So since some of what I consider to be my better posts often have NO comments, I have convinced myself that those are the times when people couldn't think of anything more to add. Even a "good post" just wouldn't do. If the Apostle Paul blogged, he would get zero comments in my mind.

So what we have here is one of my goofy posts. They pop up once in awhile when I feel the need to just have some fun. I know that I'm not funny, so don't feel the need to tell me that in the comments.

Back to our regular programming soon.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm new, and have been lurking, must admit, but I wanted to say that THIS post made me laugh RIGHT OUT LOUD, and your last post made me think deep and hard. My hubby says the longer more deep posts keep people introspective, while the fun ones are easier to comment to. I guess he's right. :D

Carrie said...

Thanks Stacey. At least one person laughed.

Your husband must be a wise man since his comment is consistent with my hypothesis. I always think that people that agree with me are brilliant.

I guess I'll try to stick with deep posts and know they are good because of the lack of comments ;)

Anonymous said...

Carrie, I have to say that I like this side of you; how about doing both. Continuing to provoke our thoughts while endearing us to you through your moments of goofiness. I laughed at this post too and that made me follow the link and enjoy your thoughts on that post too.

Carrie said...

Actually Lauren, I had a similar thought today. Maybe I should try to break up the more serious topics with some lighter stuff.

I'll see what I can do. Thanks for the feedback!

Anonymous said...

I don't do "light" well either...(and I haven't been commenting much - due to not having electricity and then being gone)

but I like both sides of you!

Susannah said...

I've come to the conclusion that the more emotional punch a post packs, the more people are inclined to comment... like jokes and humor, for example. (They always get the most comments on my blog.)

Maybe you've had people stop by, read a more serious post, and then come back a few days later to respond with their thoughts. That happens to me on occasion as well. We probably won't know just exactly how much we're "changing hearts and minds" until we're in eternity!

Christian Women Blogging

Articles for Christian Women

Christian Women Blogs