"The grass withers and the flowers fall, but the word of our Lord stands forever. Isaiah 40:8

04 November 2005

Amazing Love!

Well, I had good intentions when I started this blog of writing a little each day. But of course, after just a few days, I’ve let the whole week get away from me. I’ve been so busy at work that I just haven’t had too much on my mind.

One thing that was bothering me this week was the amount of evil in the world. I think the ability to access news from all over the world either by TV, newspaper, or online just makes it hard not to have evil staring back at you every day.

It started with a coworker of mine who told me of her father who grew up in Ireland. He became an orphan around the age of three along with his three siblings and lived out his life in an orphanage. His “school” was run by priests while his sister’s went to a type of convent run by nuns. Apparently the children in these schools suffered horrible abuses, some dying from starvation or beatings, all while under the care of “Christians”. Very sad stories that are just so hard to even try and comprehend.

Then I was reading about the autopsies done on the bodies from the nursing home after Hurricane Katrina. How the bodies are too decomposed to determine the actual cause of death. Thirty-four elderly people left to die. It’s just sickening.

There were more stories but I don’t even remember them now. And I don’t want to remember. So much evil, and yet Jesus came to die for us anyway.

Amazing love! how can it be
that Thou, my God, shouldst die for me?
(Hymn – And Can it Be)

That really is amazing.

No comments:

Christian Women Blogging

Articles for Christian Women

Christian Women Blogs