"The grass withers and the flowers fall, but the word of our Lord stands forever. Isaiah 40:8

31 October 2005

A Peek Inside

My husband and I recently purchased our first home. It’s an older home with a lot of nice features, but it needs a fair amount of cosmetic work. I find that I am now very curious about what other people’s houses look like, inside and out.

Tonight we took the kids out for Halloween. As our neighbors opened up their doors to hand out candy I was quick to peek inside their home to see how the interior was set up and decorated. But as I met each of our neighbors, I found myself wondering more about them. I wished that I could peek inside their hearts and see if they were believers.

I haven’t always felt that way, but more and more I feel a burden for those around me. I wonder about the salvation of every person I meet and I’m so happy when I unexpectedly meet another believer. But there are so many lost sheep. I wish I could do more.

No comments:

Christian Women Blogging

Articles for Christian Women

Christian Women Blogs