"The grass withers and the flowers fall, but the word of our Lord stands forever. Isaiah 40:8

27 October 2005

Who, What, and Why?

This is my first post to my blog so I thought I would introduce myself a bit. Blogging is all new to me and I have to say it seems a bit weird to be writing in this kind of a format as if someone is actually reading along when in all likelihood it may be months before I get my first reader. But I guess this blog is partly a way for me to get my thoughts out so if I’m just talking to myself, so be it.

Who am I? I’m a thirty-something wife and mother of two and a born-again Christian. About a year ago I left my full-time job to stay home with my daughter and started a website called The Christian Woman. A year later, I have a second child and am back working full-time. Don’t ask, long story. Overall, I’m happy to be back at work - staying home just wasn’t for me - but I miss being online and working on my website. So for now blogging is a happy medium to keep doing some “online” work since I don't have the time to devote to my website.

So, we’ll see what "evolves". Which reminds me, I am a biologist by training and being a Christian also, I have a lot to comment on outside of just my life as a Christian woman. But mostly I’m just opinionated. I’m not sure if that is a good quality or not as a Christian, but I’m hoping to keep my opinions tempered by scripture.

Well, that’s all I want to say about myself for now. I’ve felt like I’ve had a lot to say on a variety of topics for the last few months which is what caused me to start this blog. Hopefully I’ll continue to have something to say now that I actually have a venue.

No comments:

Christian Women Blogging

Articles for Christian Women

Christian Women Blogs