"The grass withers and the flowers fall, but the word of our Lord stands forever. Isaiah 40:8

06 August 2006

Blessed Assurance

Today at Church we sang Blessed Assurance by Fanny Crosby:

Blessèd assurance, Jesus is mine!
O what a foretaste of glory divine!
Heir of salvation, purchase of God,
Born of His Spirit, washed in His blood

This is my story, this is my song,
Praising my Savior, all the day long;


Assurance = a state of mind in which one is free from doubt.

As I sang this song today, tears ran down my cheek. I was overcome with the enormity of the assurance I have in Jesus.

I am an heir of salvation, I am a purchase of God, I was born of His Spirit, I am washed in his blood.

Through my genuine faith in Jesus, I am justified before God. Jesus bore my sins on the cross and His righteousness has been imputed to me. God knew that I could never justify myself, so He did it for me, he paid the penalty once and for all.

I realize that there are many people who would be turned off by the debates this week on my blog. There were certainly parts which turned me off. But the truth is, after all of the discussion I am only clinging to the cross more and realizing how very blessed I am.

I write these things to you who believe in the name of the Son of God so that you may know that you have eternal life. 1 John 5:13

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

As I have mentioned in my email to you. What a wonderful and assuring post. I am glad that we do have His blessed assurance. Thank you for sharing.

Christian Women Blogging

Articles for Christian Women

Christian Women Blogs