"The grass withers and the flowers fall, but the word of our Lord stands forever. Isaiah 40:8

23 June 2006

Okay, I'm not funny...

Well I am afraid the humor in my last post was a flop. I tried to make a few jokes about my house and use some levity with regards to God’s will but it seems I came off badly. It was never my intention to say that the Lord has ever given me anything less than the best and far better than I ever deserve. Now I feel like a big whiny baby with an inappropriate sense of humor and an inability to communicate well in writing. Sorry!

I had alluded in a previous post that my humor was a tough blend with my faith and I think I have proven my point. Here is what I said:

“What am I trying to get at here? I don’t know! I feel like my funny side is struggling to get out but my humor is tough to blend with my faith. Humor is a big part of who I am, but it was cultivated before I knew Christ and is of the cynical - goof on other people - take-no prisoners kind of humor. I’m not sure I can find any middle ground.”

At least I get a few points for predicting the bad outcome.

Oh well, back to serious and opinionated.

1 comment:

Darlene Schacht said...

Most of my writing is humor, so I can totally relate. I read it and didn't think badly of you in the least. I'm very sarcastic and in being that way, my husband will often ask, "You wrote that?"

I'll cower and answer, "Yeah, is it ok?"

God has given you humor, embrace it. We all have a different relationship with our Father in heaven, He knows your heart.

Some one once told me, "Don't change a word unless God tells you too, or your editor is paying you big bucks to change it" :)

Christian Women Blogging

Articles for Christian Women

Christian Women Blogs